UFC Vegas 11 weigh-in results: Tyron Woodley continues his protest leading up to Colby Covington fight
One of the most anticipated grudge matches in UFC history is now set after Colby Covington and Tyron Woodley made weight on Friday at The UFC Apex.
Covington vs. Woodley headlines UFC Vegas 11 (aka UFC on ESPN+ 36), the fight promotion’s final event in Las Vegas before returning to UFC Fight Island for a five-week stint in Abu Dhabi.
Woodley made a statement at Thursday’s UFC Vegas 11 press conference, answering every reporter’s question with some version of the refrain “because Black Lives Matter.”
He took that a step further at Friday’s weigh-in, walking to the stage with a Black Lives Matter headband and shorts with a t-shirt that read “Legalize Being Black.”
Notably, when Woodley stepped on the scale, he did not have a mask on. The Nevada State Athletic Commission official manning the scale repeatedly asked Woodley to put on a mask as required by the commission’s COVID-19 safety protocols. Woodley repeatedly refused.
The official eventually stopped asking and registered Woodley’s weight. He hit the non-title fight mark of 171 pounds.
Later in the weigh-in, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone also refused to wear a mask.
Covington took to the scale a short time after Woodley with a mask on. His mask was adorned with a black and white silhouette of the United States flag with the word Freedom across the front.
Covington also stepped on the scale at 171 pounds, making their main event official.
The UFC Vegas 11 co-main event features another welterweight fight. Cerrone tipped the scale at 170.5 pounds, as did his opponent Niko Price. The two have been all smiles this week, each looking forward to a fun throwdown that is sure to please fans.
The fight promotion returns to Fight Island in Abu Dhabi next week for the UFC 253 headlining showdown between middleweight champion Israel Adesanya and challenger Paulo Costa.
UFC Vegas 11: Covington vs. Woodley weigh-in results
UFC Vegas 11 Main Card (8 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
- Welterweight: Colby Covington (171) vs. Tyron Woodley (171)
- Welterweight: Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone (170.5) vs. Niko Price (170.5)
- Middleweight: Khamzat Chimaev (185.5) vs. Gerald Meerschaert (186)
- Light Heavyweight: Johnny Walker (205.5) vs. Ryan Spann (205.5)
- Women’s Strawweight: Mackenzie Dern (115) vs. Randa Markos (115.5)
- Middleweight: Kevin Holland (185) vs. Darren Stewart (185.5)
UFC Vegas 11 Preliminary Card (5 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
- Featherweight: Mirsad Bektic (144.5) vs. Damon Jackson (145.5)
- Women’s Flyweight: Mayra Bueno Silva (125.5) vs. Mara Romero Borella (125)
- Flyweight: Jordan Espinosa (126) vs. David Dvořák (125.5)
- Women’s Bantamweight: Jessica-Rose Clark (135) vs. Sarah Alpar (135.5)
- Bantamweight: Journey Newson (135) vs. Randy Costa (135)
- Bantamweight: Andre Ewell (134.5) vs. Irwin Rivera (135.5)
- Featherweight: Darrick Minner (146) vs. T.J. Laramie (145)
- Bantamweight: Tyson Nam (136) vs. Jerome Rivera (135)
UFC Vegas 11 weigh-in: Colby Covington vs. Tyron Woodley
(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube)