Las Vegas – UFC will shut out its hottest string of activities at UFC APEX with a heated welterweight clash that will see former interim winner and No. 2 rated contender Colby Covington take on former champion and No. 5 Tyron Woodley. In a different thrilling welterweight bout certain to produce fireworks, extensive-time UFC fan favorite Donald Cerrone faces fellow finisher Niko Price.
UFC Fight Night time ON ESPN+: COVINGTON vs. WOODLEY will consider place Saturday, September 19 at UFC APEX in Las Vegas with all fights carried completely on ESPN+ in English and Spanish. The main card starts at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT, with the prelims kicking off at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT.
Covington (15-2, battling out of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) aims to get the very last snicker soon after investing various verbal barbs with his previous instruction lover, Woodley. A NCAA Division I wrestler who pushes a relentless speed, Covington has sent unforgettable victories towards former UFC champions Robbie Lawler and Rafael Dos Anjos, as nicely as perennial contender Demian Maia. Covington now hopes to insert but a different previous UFC titleholder to his hit list to when once more protected a shot at the championship.
Woodley (19-5-1, battling out of St. Louis, Mo.), who held the belt for just about 3 years, will go down as 1 of the most dominant titleholders in UFC welterweight historical past. Following dethroning Robbie Lawler by way of initial-spherical knockout, Woodley netted memorable title defenses versus Stephen Thompson, Demian Maia and Darren Till. Woodley now strategies to place his most heated rivalry to bed by offering an additional sensational knockout earn.
Cerrone (36-15 1NC, combating out of Albuquerque, N.M.), the UFC recordholder for most wins (23) and finishes (16), has very long been stunning enthusiasts with breathtaking performances inside of the Octagon. All over his famous profession, he has secured highlight-reel finishes from Matt Brown, Rick Story, Jim Miller and Edson Barboza. Cerrone will now make his report 36th UFC physical appearance and aims to supply a further vintage ”Cowboy” efficiency against a person of the division’s most dynamic finishers.
Amongst the most fascinating athletes in the welterweight division, Value (14-5 1NC, battling out of Cape Coral, Fla.) now appears to capitalize on the biggest moment of his profession. Rate has gained in excess of lovers given that joining the UFC roster in late 2016 with jaw-dropping knockout victories versus James Vick, Tim Means, Randy Brown and Alan Jouban. Rate now hopes to earn his most vital earn nonetheless by taking out a legend in his very first UFC co-key celebration visual appearance.
Further UFC Vegas 11 bouts on the card consist of:
- Khamzat Chimaev (8-, preventing out of Stockholm, Sweden by way of Chechnya, Russia) aims to keep on his outstanding streak in opposition to challenging veteran Gerald Meerschaert (31-13, fighting out of Milwaukee, Wisc.)
- In an thrilling battle of mild heavyweight contenders, No. 11 ranked Johnny Walker (17-5, battling out of Montreal, Que., Canada by way of Rio das Ostras, Brazil) locks horns with surging No. 12 Ryan Spann (20-5, preventing out of Beaumont, Texas)
- Entertaining grapplers fulfill when Mackenzie Dern (8-1, preventing out of Very long Seashore, Calif.) usually takes on Randa Markos(10-9-1, fighting out of Windsor, Ont., Canada)
- Climbing middleweights collide when Kevin Holland (19-5, combating out of Fort Truly worth, Texas) meets Darren Stewart(12-5 1NC, fighting out of London, England)
- Mirsad Bektic (13-3, fighting out of Montreal, Que., Canada) faces Eduardo Garagorri (13-1, preventing out of Rivera, Uruguay) in an remarkable featherweight bout
- Dana White’s Contender Series contract winner Mayra Bueno Silva (6-1, fighting out of Sao Paulo, Brazil) goes for a further slick submission when she meets Mara Romero Borella (12-8, preventing out of Coconut Creek, Fla. by way of Ponte dell’Olio, Italy)
- Jordan Espinosa (15-7 1NC, combating out of Albuquerque, N.M.) hopes to create off the momentum of his current victory when he squares off with streaking David Dvorak (17-3, combating out of Horice, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic)
- Jessica-Rose Clark (9-6 1NC, preventing out of Innisfail, Australia) aims to return to her successful approaches against Dana White’s Contender Sequence signee Sarah Alpar (9-4, combating out of Edmond, Okla.)
- Journey Newson (9-2 1NC, preventing out of Portland, Ore.) normally takes on Randy Costa (5-1, battling out of Taunton, Mass.) in an entertaining bantamweight bout
- Andre Ewell (16-6, combating out of Riverside, Calif.) squares off with Irwin Rivera (10-5, preventing out of Hudson Valley, N.Y. by way of Mexico Metropolis, Mexico) in a clash of bantamweight hopefuls
- Darrick Minner (24-12, preventing out of Nebraska Town, Neb.) goes for his very first UFC earn in opposition to recent Dana White’s Contender Collection signee TJ Laramie (12-3, battling out of Windsor, Ont., Canada)