UFC on ESPN+ 30 weigh-in outcomes: Apparent of Covid and the scale, Figueiredo vs. Benavidez established
The UFC on ESPN+ 30 principal function rematch concerning Deiveson Figueiredo and Joseph Benavidez received the environmentally friendly gentle on Friday.
Figueiredo and Benavidez initially satisfied to figure out a new UFC flyweight champion before this yr on Feb. 29. Practically nothing went as prepared. Figueiredo missed pounds, but defeated Benavidez. Possessing missed weight, he was ineligible to gain the belt.
The rematch was set for UFC Combat Island on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. The rematch was practically derailed.
Figueiredo examined beneficial for COVID-19 past Friday in advance of his departure from Sao Paulo to Paris. He and his administration insisted upon a 2nd take a look at, detailing that Figueiredo experienced by now had and recovered from the disease brought about by the novel coronavirus two months prior.
He was retested, which arrived back again adverse, and consequently flew to Abu Dhabi, where he was tested two more periods on arrival and quarantined for 48 hours.
Figueiredo experienced no concerns with the scale this time, hitting the championship body weight of 125 lbs, as did Benavidez. That sets them up for the remaining hurdle to the rematch: a further check.
All UFC on ESPN+ 30 fighters will endure a different pre-fight COVID-19 take a look at in advance of getting allowed to fight.
Saturday’s co-major occasion is slated to aspect a pivotal middleweight bout between Jack Hermansson and Kelvin Gastelum, each and every of whom weighed 186 lbs on Friday.
UFC Struggle Evening: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez weigh-in effects
Most important Card (8 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
- Deiveson Figueiredo (125) vs. Joseph Benavidez (125)
- Jack Hermansson (186) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (186)
- Marc Diakiese (156) vs. Rafael Fiziev (156)
- Ariane Lipski (126) vs. Luana Carolina (126)
- Alexandre Pantoja (125) vs. Askar Askarov (126)
Prelims (5 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN+)
- Roman Dolidze (206) vs. Khadis Ibragimov (206)
- Grant Dawson (150) vs. Nad Narimani (150) – catchweight bout
- Joe Duffy (155.5) vs. Joel Alvarez (156)
- Brett Johns (136) vs. Montel Jackson (136)
- Malcolm Gordon (135) vs. Amir Albazi (136)
- Davi Ramos (156) vs. Arman Tsarukyan (156)
- Carlos Felipe (261) vs. Sergey Spivak (240)
(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube)