The Supreme Combating Championship returns to spend-for each-check out following weekend as Kamaru Usman prepares to protect his Welterweight Championship from increasing contender and former teammate Gilbert Burns.
Event: UFC 258: Usman vs. Burns
Date: Saturday, 13th February 2021
Area: UFC APEX, Las Vegas, Nevada
Broadcast: ESPN+ – 8pm/10pm EST
Usman has set the standard at 170 lbs more than the training course of the very last few several years with major wins in excess of Tyron Woodley, Colby Covington and Jorge Masvidal to firmly create himself as the world’s very best welterweight. On the other hand, the aforementioned Burns has slowly and gradually but definitely been coming up via the ranks as an intriguing challenger.
In Sin City, the two adult men will go to war in their hugely anticipated title showdown.
The pursuing commence periods and fights have been confirmed by UFC.com.
UFC 258 – Principal Card (10pm EST)
- Welterweight Championship – Kamaru Usman (c) vs. Gilbert Burns
- Women’s Flyweight – Maycee Barber vs. Alexa Grasso
- Middleweight – Kelvin Gastelum vs. Ian Heinisch
- Bantamweight – Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Middleweight – Maki Pitolo vs. Julian Marquez
UFC 258 – Prelims (8pm EST)
- Lightweight – Jim Miller vs. Bobby Inexperienced
- Middleweight – Rodolfo Vieira vs. Anthony Hernandez
- Welterweight – Belal Muhammad vs. Dhiego Lima
- Women’s Strawweight – Polyana Viana vs. Mallory Martin
UFC 258 – Early Prelims (8pm EST)
- Featherweight – Ricky Simon vs. Brian Kelleher
- Welterweight – Gabriel Environmentally friendly vs. Philip Rowe
- Women’s Flyweight – Gillian Robertson vs. Miranda Maverick
While quite a few feel Usman is commencing to be regarded as just one of the finest welterweights of all time prior to this bout, the person himself isn’t interested in any of that.
“Honestly, I really do not look at that. I really don’t consider about that,” Usman instructed MMA Battling ahead of UFC 258. “I don’t believe about stuff like that. I bear in mind when Tyron Woodley was indicating those people factors, he’s the finest welterweight of all time and this and that. Of course he’s in that conversation but that is not something you bestow upon oneself. That is not anything I want to believe about and say I’m this, I’m that.
“No, I go out there and I do my occupation,” the UFC 258 headliner extra. “I choose it a person fight at a time and then when I am finished over time men and women search at your body of do the job and say ‘wow, look what he did, glimpse who he obtained by, he fought anyone and he made them look like this and he fought them and did them this way.’ I’m not the one particular who’s going to go out there and set that label on myself but if you in fact look at my resume and when I’m stated and done and you are like ‘he 50-43’d this guy, 50-44’d this male, he did this to that person, male, that’s the biggest of all time.’”
This report appeared first on BJPENN.COM