Bellator 281: MVP vs. Storley took position on Friday live from the OVO Arena Wembley in London, England, and MMA News has you coated with the effects and highlights!
In the second leg of the promotion’s brief European tour, which commenced with Bellator 280 in Paris, France last Friday, Bellator designed the small trip throughout the channel, wherever England’s capital performed host to an intriguing card.
In the primary occasion, hometown hero Michael “Venom” Web page seemed to cement his legacy as one particular of the UK’s greatest by possessing gold wrapped all-around his midsection for the 1st time. Having said that, spoiling the night for MVP and the London group was Logan Storley, who grappled his way to a split-decision victory in the most important event.
In a notable co-main celebration, MMA legend and previous UFC Gentle Heavyweight Champion Lyoto Machida returned to motion for the initially time due to the fact April 2021. His drop to middleweight did not convey the wanted result, with Fabian Edwards sending “The Dragon” on a 4-combat dropping skid even though snapping his own poor operate of type in the course of action. “The Assassin” shut the contest early with a initially-spherical knockout, which he celebrated in the cage with his brother, #2-rated UFC welterweight Leon Edwards.
In other places on the primary card, in a battle that certainly suit the “people’s major event” monthly bill, Paul Daley entered the cage for the 64th and remaining time. Irrespective of some early wrestling adversity, “Semtex” shut out his vocation in potentially the very best way doable: a brutal knockout in front of his dwelling group. With chants of “Daley” ringing all over the OVO arena, Bellator 281 was absolutely a fitting culmination of a famous career.
Check out the Bellator 281 highlights under, adopted by the fast final results!
Simon Biyong Def. Luke Coach
Paul Daley Def. Wendell Giacomo
Kana Watanabe Def. Denise Kielholtz
Fabian Edwards Def. Lyoto Machida
Logan Storley Def. Michael Web page
BELLATOR 281 Key CARD Results
- Bellator interim welterweight championship: Logan Storley def. Michael Site by means of split choice (48-47, 47-48, 49-46)
- Middleweight: Fabian Edwards def. Lyoto Machida through KO (punches): R1, 3:18
- Women’s flyweight: Kana Watanabe def. Denise Kielholtz by way of submission (triangle choke): R2, 3:03
- 175-pound catchweight: Paul Daley def. Wendell Giacomo by means of KO (appropriate hook): R2, 4:09
- Light heavyweight: Simon Biyong def. Luke Trainer by using unanimous selection (29-27×2, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD Effects
- Featherweight: Daniel Weichel def. Robert Whiteford by using TKO (punches): R1, 1:12
- Women’s flyweight: Elina Kallionidou def. Kate Jackson through TKO (punches): R2, 4:53
- Welterweight: Oliver Enkamp def. Mark Lemminger by means of submission (buggy choke): R3, :25
- Light-weight: Alfie Davis vs. Tim Wilde ends in a the vast majority draw (29-27, 28-28, 28-28)
- Featherweight: Andrew Fisher def. Attila Korkmaz through unanimous choice (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Middleweight: Charlie Ward def. Alan Carlos by using unanimous selection (30-27×2 30-25)
- Light-weight heavyweight: Maciej Rozanski def. Lee Chadwick via unanimous determination (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Women’s strawweight: Chiara Penco def. Lanchana Environmentally friendly by way of unanimous final decision (29-28, 30-27×2)
Which struggle did you appreciate the most at Bellator 281?