Mounir Lazzez has been compelled out of what would have been his second UFC struggle thanks to testing optimistic for COVID-19.
Lazzez (10-1 MMA, 1- UFC) was scheduled to experience David Zawada (17-5 MMA, 1-2 UFC) at UFC on ESPN+ 38 on Oct. 17 at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, but the Dubai-based mostly Tunisian has been hit with the coronavirus.
Numerous resources with awareness of the situation not long ago knowledgeable MMA Junkie of the information but asked to keep on being anonymous as the advertising has but to make an formal announcement.
Lazzez made history in July, when he became the initial fighter born and raised in an Arab nation to signal with UFC. He shined in his marketing debut, upsetting knockout artist Abdul Razak Alhassan at UFC on ESPN 13, declaring a “Fight of the Night” bonus in the process.
Germany’s Zawada was also coming off an upset of his personal, when he acquired the “Performance of the Night” reward for submitting Abubakar Nurmagomedov in the very first round at UFC on ESPN+ 21 final November.
The latest UFC on ESPN+ 38 lineup consists of:
- Brian Ortega vs. Chan Sung Jung
- Ante Delija vs. Ciryl Gane
- Modestas Bukauskas vs. Jimmy Crute
- Mentioned Nurmagomedov vs. Mark Striegl
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Jessica Andrade vs. Katlyn Chookagian
- David Zawada vs. opponent TBA
- Jun Yong Park vs. John Phillips
- Jamie Mullarkey vs. Fares Ziam
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Maxim Grishin
- Poliana Botelho vs. Gillian Robertson
- Mateusz Gamrot vs. Magomed Mustafaev
- James Krause vs. Claudio Silva