Silveira (5-), who is the son of MMA veteran and famed American Leading Team mentor Conan Silveira, wanted just 41 seconds to dismantle Viana (6-2) in their light-weight heavyweight matchup, successful the fight by rear-naked choke.
“I’m a wrestler at coronary heart, he gave me the neck and I choked him,” Silveira said in his article-fight job interview hosted by previous UFC title challenger Joseph Benavidez. “I’m prepared to go 3 rounds, but I’ll get that every single day.”
— UFC Combat Go (@UFCFightPass) May well 1, 2021
LFA 106 took area at Grand On line casino Resort & Vacation resort in Shawnee, Okla. The whole function streamed on UFC Fight Go.
It was a person-way traffic for Silveira from starting to close. He pressured Viana on the feet, got the struggle to the ground and managed to get Viana’s back again. From there, the outcome was inevitable. He acquired the arm under the neck and strangled his opponent right up until he was forced to tap out.
Silveira, 28, who normally fights in the middleweight division, reported he would be all set up coming to struggle for the vacant LFA belts at 185 pounds or 205 pounds.
Comprehensive LFA 106 success involved:
- Joshua Silveira def. Rafael Viana through submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, :41
- Terrance McKinney def. Luiz Gavinho by using TKO (kick, punches) – Round 1, :17
- Kyle Estrada def. Tyler Wilson via unanimous choice (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Cheyden Leialoha def. Edwin Chavez by way of unanimous selection (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Shane Grant def. Trevor Wallace by way of TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:36
- Mando Gutierrez def. Will Elliott by using submission (rear-bare choke) – Round 1, 4:55