Jared Scoggins has some new components.
The 25-yr-outdated prospect picked up the vacant bantamweight CFFC title in the principal event of CFFC 84 on Thursday night time at the Horeshoe Tunica Hotel and Casino in Robinsonville, Miss out on. Scoggins (10-1 MMA) outpointed Thomas Vasquez in a dominant unanimous final decision get.
Scoggins wasn’t frightened to stand with Vasquez (8-5 MMA), but his wrestling and floor control truly stood out and produced the big difference in the bout.
The very first round was a aggressive affair, but Scoggins managed to get the improved of the clinch entanglements and pushed the action, neutralizing significantly of Vasquez’s assaults.
In rounds two, three and 4, Scoggins took down Vasquez, controlled him on the ground, and took dominant positions. Vasquez did a superior position at defending submissions and steering clear of significant shots, but was unable to get back again on his feet or threaten significantly from the ground.
It was a clean up effectiveness by Scoggins.
“I come in below and people today are anticipating me to strike, I put them on their back and that just flips their full recreation strategy upside down,” Scoggins reported in his put up-struggle interview. “If I can do it why not grind it out.”
“Psycho” is at this time on a 5-battle winning streak. His last defeat was in early 2017. The newest CFFC champion hopes his effectiveness receives the awareness of the UFC.
“I believe I’ve been all set for the UFC for a even though, so with any luck , people guys hit me up and you can see me on the upcoming UFC combat or anything,”
Look at out the total CFFC 84 success under:
- Jared Scoggins def. Thomas Vasquez through unanimous final decision (40-36, 40-36, 40-36) – Scoggins wins the vacant CFFC bantamweight title.
- Pat Sabatini def. Jordan Titoni through knockout – Spherical 1, 2:26.
- Reggie Adams def. Zachary Hicks via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Nah-Shon Burrell def. Ryot Waller via submission (Rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:00.
- Trevor Wallace def. Jay Wilson via TKO – Round 1, :29.
- Jose Perez def. Brandon Gaitor through submission (Rear-bare choke) – Spherical 1.
- Thomas Majeski def. Will Beard by using TKO – Round 1, 1:36.