Not like their initially scheduling, Makhachev (18-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) vs. dos Anjos (30-13 MMA, 18-11 UFC) will be a five-round affair and serve as the headliner for UFC on ESPN+ 41 on Nov. 14 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
The marketing announced the news all through the UFC on ESPN+ 39 broadcast on Saturday. The battle was initially claimed by MMA DNA.
The two fighters have been at first slated to combat at UFC 254 on Oct. 24, but dos Anjos analyzed optimistic for COVID-19. The promotion could not uncover a ideal substitution to combat Makhachev, so he was also taken off from the card.
Dos Anjos will return to light-weight for the initially time considering that a November 2016 loss to Tony Ferguson. The Brazilian began out his welterweight tenure at 3-, but has since dropped four of his previous five, with his lone gain coming around Kevin Lee. He will return to his authentic pounds class, where by he has not received considering that December 2015, when he takes on the streaking Makhachev.
Makhachev has had a tricky time drawing a prime-ranked opponent. Soon after struggling his lone profession loss in 2015, Makhachev has gained 6 straight, most recently out-grappling Davi Ramos at UFC 242 in September 2019.
With the addition, the Nov. 14 lineup includes:
- Islam Makhachev vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Louis Smolka vs. Jose Quinonez
- Kanako Murata vs. Livinha Souza
- Kay Hansen vs. Cory McKenna
- Julian Marquez vs. Saparbek Safarov
- Miranda Granger vs. Ashley Yoder
- Gabriel Benitez vs. Justin Jaynes
- Eryk Anders vs. Antonio Arroyo
- Zarrukh Adashev vs. Jeff Molina
- Don’Tale Mayes vs. Roque Martinez
- Rhys McKee vs. Alex Morono
- Tony Gravely vs. Geraldo de Freitas