A pivotal mild heavyweight main celebration clash will kick May off with a bang.
Previous title challenger Dominick Reyes (12-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) faces Jiri Prochazka (27-3-1 MMA, 1- UFC) in the primary celebration of UFC on ESPN 23, which takes position on Could 1 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
Reyes, who gave previous UFC light-weight heavyweight champion Jon Jones arguably the hardest outing of his profession, will glimpse to snap a two-struggle getting rid of skid. Immediately after a lostt to Jones at UFC 247 in February 2020, Reyes been given a further crack at the title when he fulfilled Jan Blachowicz for the vacant 205-pound belt at UFC 253 in September. In that battle, Reyes fell quick in his title pursuit once yet again, when he was stopped by Blachowicz in Round 2.
Prochazka, a former Rizin mild heavyweight champ, manufactured 1 of the most unforgettable UFC debuts in modern memory when he knocked Volkan Oezdemir out chilly at UFC 251 in July. The 28-yr-outdated Czech Republic-born fighter hasn’t lost given that December 2015 and has stopped his previous 9 opponents.
Test out the formal poster for UFC on ESPN 23 below (through Instagram):
The present-day UFC on ESPN 23 card incorporates:
- Jiri Prochazka vs. Dominick Reyes
- TJ Brown vs. Kai Kamaka III
- Dean Barry vs. Mike Jackson
- Poliana Botelho vs. Luana Carolina
- K.B. Bhullar vs. Andreas Michailidis
- Damon Jackson vs. TJ Laramie
- Sam Hughes vs. Loma Lookboonmee
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Augusto Sakai
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Sean Strickland
- Giga Chikadze vs. Cub Swanson
- Gabriel Benitez vs. Jonathan Pearce
- Felipe Colares vs. Journey Newson
- Merab Dvalishvili vs. Cody Stamann
- Ion Cutelaba vs. Devin Clark
- Herbert Burns vs. Alexander Munoz