TUF 1 winner Diego Sanchez has opened up on his UFC release proclaiming that promotional President Dana White will no lengthier answer his phone calls.
Previously this 7 days it was announced that Sanchez (30-13 MMA) had been pulled from his scheduled May well 8 bout with Donald Cerrone. That information was adopted by the somewhat surprising announcement that ‘The Nightmare’ experienced obtained his walking papers from UFC officials.
The advertising did pay out Diego Sanchez his whole struggle purse and earn bonus for the previously slated bout with ‘Cowboy’, but the organization was obviously performed seeking to deal with the veterans manager in Joshua Fabia.
“I have an outstanding, astounding romantic relationship with Diego and I like him incredibly significantly and I hope he is Okay,” Dana White advised Yahoo Sporting activities. “One of the unhappy factors that occurs, not just in battling but in sports activities, and I want you to quotation me on this, are these creepy weirdos who appear from God knows exactly where and leech on to fighters or athletes. They by no means do any superior for them.”
On Friday afternoon, Diego Sanchez took to social media wherever he shared a publish titled “Smoking cigarettes Gun conversation with UFC Lawyer” which showcased a phone conversation his workforce experienced with UFC officers Sean Shelby and Hunter Campbell.
According to the movie, Fabia’s request for Sanchez’s UFC health-related records established off alarm bells with the promotion and the team was quickly contacted by chief legal officer Hunter Campbell.
UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby allegedly speak to Diego and pressured the value that he return Campbell’s calls.
“It was a information indicating, ‘Diego, you require to verify your e-mail, mainly because Hunter despatched you an electronic mail, and it’s really significant that you study this e-mail and respond to this e mail by tomorrow, or the battle is heading to be canceled,’” Diego Sanchez reported (by using MMAJunkie).
“UFC desired me to condition that I am not dealing with any neurological challenges and that I have no prolonged-phrase overall health aspect consequences from battling a occupation of (16) decades in the UFC,” Sanchez said. “My advisers told me, ‘Basically what they’re hoping to do is, proper prior to you complete your last fight, they’re seeking to make certain they have documentation of you declaring that you by no means sustained something. So in essence you’re becoming forced, getting bullied into waiving your clinical rights, feasible (UFC) clinical liabilities.’ With that staying mentioned, the e-mail was despatched to Hunter, and the reaction was very fast. … The letter stated they have decided on to shell out me 100 % for the fight, display cash, win money, and sponsorship income.”
Diego Sanchez continued:
“Why, when this has now been finished, do I have to state this, condition that?” Sanchez said. “Yeah, my manager did check with for my list of medicals from through my job. I have had a lot of injuries. I want to have my record. This is my health-related heritage. I want to have it on file. I want to have what the UFC has. It’s my professional medical health and fitness, proper? And as significantly as I’m worried, I don’t feel like, immediately after I’m carried out, if (UFC president) Dana White will not answer my phone calls now, won’t let me have a assembly now, once I’m accomplished and I’m out of the UFC, do you believe I’m gonna be in a position to get a keep of any person? Do you assume anything’s gonna go by? No, nothing’s gonna go by means of. I’m in no way gonna get sh*t from them.”
What do you believe of the latest opinions from Diego Sanchez concerning his UFC release? Share your views in the comment segment Penn Country!
This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM