COVID-19 knocks Belal Muhammad out of UFC Vegas 17
A UFC Vegas 17 preliminary welterweight bout between Belal Muhammad and Dhiego Lima has been postponed soon after Muhammad examined optimistic for COVID-19.
Muhammad verified the bout’s cancellation for Saturday’s party next an initial report by MMA Combating.
“Woke up yesterday sensation like crap, acquired tested, and I was positive for covid. Sucks, but I’ll be again,” he wrote on Twitter.
UFC Vegas 17, which usually takes area on Saturday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, is the promotion’s last function of a pandemic plagued 2020. It was at first slated to function Leon Edwards vs. Khamzat Chimaev in the major function, but that bout was also a COVID casualty after Edwards tested good.
A welterweight bout between Stephen Thompson and Geoff Neal now headlines the UFC Vegas 17 fight card.
UFC officers are hoping to reschedule the Edwards vs. Chimaev and Muhammad vs. Lima bouts sometime in January 2021.
With numerous COVID-19 cancellations plaguing the several most the latest UFC struggle cards, officers stacked the remaining party. Despite COVID-19 attrition, the UFC Vegas 17 struggle card nevertheless stands at 14 bouts.
UFC Vegas 17: Thompson vs. Neal combat card
UFC Vegas 17 most important card (7 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
- Stephen Thompson vs. Geoff Neal
- Jose Aldo vs. Marlon Vera
- Michel Pereira vs. Khaos Williams
- Rob Font vs. Marlon Moraesv
- Greg Hardy vs. Marcin Tybura
- Gillian Robertson vs. Taila Santos
- Alex Morono vs. Anthony Pettis
UFC Vegas 17 preliminary card (4 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Pannie Kianzad
- Dalcha Lungiambula vs. Karl Roberson
- Antonio Arroyo vs. Deron Winn
- Drako Rodriguez vs. Aiemann Zahabi
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. Jamie Pickett
- Cody Durden vs. Jimmy Flick
- Rick Glenn vs. Carlton Minus