Previous UFC mild heavyweight Corey Anderson designed his marketing debut at the Mohegan Solar Arena in Uncasville, Conn. on Thursday at Bellator 251 and produced a assertion by halting veteran Melvin Manhoef in the next spherical.
The two headlined the battle card and Anderson did particularly what he wanted to do versus the unsafe striker. Anderson’s threat of a takedown opened up alternatives to land strikes. He used the strikes to close the length and set Manhoef on his back. On the ground, Anderson inflicted problems.
He was unable to preserve Manhoef grounded in the opening frame, but in the second spherical Anderson dominated from leading posture. After securing a takedown, Anderson postured up and delivered appropriate fingers and elbows right until the referee stepped in to end it.
“It went just like we prepared,” Anderson stated subsequent the fight. “I did accurately what the coaches instructed me.”
With his to start with gain inside the Bellator cage behind him, Anderson named for a struggle against the winner Vadim Nemkov.
“I must be combating whoever will give me the title,” he stated. Whoever is combating for the title, I want the winner. I’m ready. Let’s go… Who ever has that strap, occur see me.”
Heavyweight Tyrell Fortune bought again on the successful observe in the fight card’s co-most important party by defeating Reported Sowma by unanimous final decision. In the opening round, Fortune dictated the speed and length of the combat. He also secured two takedowns even though Sowma labored to come across his selection.
In the second body, Sowma began to land combinations and tension Fortune. He related with hard kicks to the entire body. In the last round, the two went back and forth on their feet and in the clinch. At the stop of fifteen minutes, the judges felt that Fortune experienced performed plenty of to seize the acquire.
In center fat action, Austin Vanderford saved his undefeated report intact in a just one-sided earn in excess of Vinicious de Jesus. Vanderford was ready to build his jab early in the bout and his wrestling took about from there.
He was in a position to acquire de Silva down early in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and mauled him on the ground. Vanderford created a bloody mess of de Silva to select up his tenth consecutive victory.
Comprehensive Bellator 251 Benefits:
- Corey Anderson def. Melvin Manhoef by TKO (elbows) at 2:34, R2
- Tyrell Fortune def. Said Sowma by unanimous determination (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Austin Vanderford def. Vinicius de Jesus by unanimous decisoin (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Derek Anderson def. Killys Mata by KO (knee) at 4:27, R2
- Georgi Karakhanyan def. Bryce Logan by unanimous conclusion (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Julius Angelickas def. Alex Polizzi by unanimous choice (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Janay Harding def. Jessica Miele by unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ali Zebian def. Painkhi Zimmerman by unanimous final decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jaylon Bates def. Joe Supino by unanimous determination (30-25, 30-27, 30-27)
- Sumiko Inaba def. Jessica Ruiz by TKO (elbows) at 4:59, R1