Previous UFC double champion McGregor (22-5 MMA, 10-3 UFC) experienced a specialized knockout decline – the to start with of his profession – in a rematch versus Poirier (27-6 MMA, 20-6 UFC). Prior to the finish, Poirier weakened McGregor’s legs with an onslaught of leg kicks.
McGregor, 32, was handed a 180-working day clinical suspension as a consequence of a prospective correct tibia/fibula damage sustained in the battle. Like all healthcare suspensions, he will be eligible to return sooner, if his injuries are cleared by a health practitioner.
Poirier, in the meantime, gained a seven-working day suspension for obligatory rest.
MMA Junkie attained the full checklist of medical suspensions from MixedMartialArts.com for UFC 256, which took place this earlier Saturday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
Just after the combat, McGregor was on crutches. He hobbled his way backstage and to the publish-battle information convention, in which he expressed the discomfort he felt.
“My leg is completely lifeless,” McGregor reported. “Even however I felt like I was checking them, it was just sinking into the muscle in the entrance of the leg, and it was badly compromised. It was like an American soccer in my accommodate at the minute, so it is what it is.”
UFC 257 rivals Andrew Sanchez and Matt Frevola have been also each and every handed 180-working day suspensions. Sanchez, who misplaced by means of TKO to Makhmud Muradov on the major card, endured possible nasal and tibia/fibula accidents. In the showcased preliminary card bout, Frevola experienced a potential ideal hand damage in a unanimous final decision defeat to Arman Tsarukyan.
The comprehensive UFC 257 medical suspensions include:
- Dustin Poirier: Suspended seven days (required relaxation).
- Conor McGregor: Suspended 180 days or until eventually ideal tibia/fibula x-ray is cleared by a health care provider also suspended 45 times with no make contact with for 30 days.
- Michael Chandler: Suspended seven days (necessary rest).
- Dan Hooker: Suspended 45 times with no speak to for 30 times thanks to TKO reduction.
- Joanne Calderwood: Suspended seven times (obligatory relaxation).
- Jessica Eye: Suspended 45 days with no get in touch with for 30 days due to still left brow laceration
- Makhmud Muradov: Suspended 30 times with no contact for 21 days owing to “hard bout.”
- Andrew Sanchez: Suspended 180 days or until nasal and proper tibia/fibula x-rays are cleared by a doctor also suspended 45 times with no get hold of for 30 days.
- Marina Rodriguez: Suspended seven times (mandatory relaxation).
- Amanda Ribas: Suspended 45 times with no make contact with for 30 days due to TKO reduction.
- Arman Tsarukyan: Suspended 30 times with no call for 21 days due to remaining brow and scalp laceration.
- Matt Frevola: Suspended 180 days or right until ideal hand x-ray is cleared by a health practitioner also suspended 30 days with no call for 21 times.
- Brad Tavares: Suspended 7 days (mandatory relaxation).
- Antonio Carlos Junior: Suspended 30 times with no make contact with for 21 days thanks to “hard bout.”
- Julianna Pena: Suspended 7 days (necessary rest).
- Sara McMann: Suspended 30 days with no get hold of for 21 times owing to “hard bout.”
- Marcin Prachnio: Suspended 30 days with no call for 21 days because of to “hard bout.”
- Khalil Rountree: Suspended 30 times with no get hold of for 21 times thanks to remaining ankle discomfort.
- Movsar Evloev: Suspended 7 times (required rest).
- Nik Lentz: Suspended 45 days with 21 times no call for right brow laceration.
- Amir Albazi: Suspended 30 times with no make contact with for 21 times due to “hard bout.”
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov: Suspended 30 times with no make contact with for 21 days thanks to “hard bout.”
UFC 257 took put Saturday at Etihad Arena on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi. The principal card streamed on ESPN+ spend-for each-view right after prelims on ESPN/ESPN+.