CFFC heavyweight champion Shawn Teed is the most up-to-date American regional promotion winner headed to Bellator.
A previous Dana White’s Contender Sequence competitor, Teed (6-2-1 MMA, – BMMA) has signed a multi-fight offer with the promotion and is established to make his promotional debut Oct. 15 against Steve Mowry on the Bellator 249 prelims, which acquire spot at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.
Many sources with knowledge of the predicament, such as a marketing official, just lately knowledgeable MMA Junkie of the booking.
Teed, 28, has gone 3-2-1 in his most recent 5 fights. At CFFC 79 in November 2019, Teed finished Bellator alumnus Ben Reiter by third-round TKO to gain the vacant heavyweight title. All six of Teed’s expert victories have arrive within the distance. His only two career losses have appear towards UFC alums Juan Adams and Azunna Anyanwu.
Mowry (7- MMA, 3- BMMA) has had his most recent two scheduled fights drop as a result of. After pulling out of Bellator 239 in February due to “health concerns,” Mowry was taken out from his Bellator 242 matchup in July owing to a favourable COVID-19 exam. Like Teed, all of Mowry’s qualified victories have arrive by finishes.
Bellator 249’s key card will air on CBS Sports Network after prelims on CBSsports.com.
With the addition, the Bellator 249 lineup consists of:
- Cris Cyborg vs. Arlene Blencowe – for Bellator women’s featherweight title
- Patricky Freire vs. Jaleel Willis
- Ricky Bandejas vs. Leandro Higo
- Saad Awad vs. Mandel Nallo
- Curtis Millender vs. Joe Schilling
- Albert Gonzales vs. Kastriot Xhema
- Christian Edwards vs. Hamza Salim
- Kyle Crutchmer vs. Kemran Lachinov
- Joseph Creer vs. Tony Johnson
- Da’Mon Blackshear vs. Mike Kimbel
- Steve Mowry vs. Shawn Teed