Askar (11-1) utilised a mixed arsenal of offense to overwhelm Wirth (8-2) around the program of a few rounds in the bantamweight headliner, which took put at Hartman Arena in Park Metropolis, Kan. The ultimate scores from the judges ended up 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28.
— UFC Struggle Move (@UFCFightPass) Oct 3, 2020
Askar shot for an early takedown that was unsuccessful. Immediately after that, he promptly observed his selection and commenced to select Wirth aside. He landed a variety of clean punches before a correct hand dropped worth to his butt. Askar jumped on prime and begun to chip away at his opponent on the mat. He could not get the complete, and at some point Wirth recovered sufficient to get again to his ft.
The pressure ongoing from Askar on his toes till he overcommitted on a punch that led him into a takedown from Wirth. Askar immediately attacked with an armbar, nevertheless, that he applied to scramble back again up to his ft. Wirth did his best to work powering the jab , but he wasn’t ready to land anything at all to sway an clear first spherical absent from Askar.
The pressure ongoing from Askar to start out the second body. He landed very good striking combinations in advance of completing a takedown roughly 30 seconds in. Askar burned a couple of minutes off the clock working from inside of the guard, but then Wirth obtained himself upright. A reduce opened up close to Wirth’s left eye, but he reacted well and landed his most effective punch of the combat with a counter left hand. He could not get Askar off his rhythm, although, and it was an additional crystal clear round.
With the edge on the scorecards, Askar arrived to shut the fight out sturdy. He stuck to his video game system of going for walks forward and mixing up his punches and kicks, although Wirth looked to find an opening to convert the tide of the contest. Askar set an exclamation place on it with just more than a few minutes remaining, however, choosing his opponent up and slamming him to the canvas then using out the clock to seal the struggle in his favor.
“I want far more time in the cage,” Askar reported in his post-struggle job interview with Pat Miletich. “Obviously with this COVID matter it is been putting everyone’s career on keep, so I hope I can get back again in the cage shortly. Definitely being in the gymnasium is good, but you need to have to be in that cage.”
Whole LFA 92 success included:
- Askar Askar def. Kevin Wirth by way of unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Antonio dos Santos Jr. def. Andre Fialho by means of unanimous final decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
- Dakota Bush def. Brian Del Rosario by using submission (rear-bare choke) – Spherical 1, 2:38
- Ricky Furar def. Jacob Thrall by using TKO (knee injury) – Round 3, 1:08
- Rodney Kealohi def. Mefi Monterroso by means of TKO (knee, punches) – Round 1, :30
- Viecheslav Borshchev def. Ali Zebian by way of unanimous determination (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
- Christian Natividad def. Jose Holguin through knockout (punches) – Spherical 1, :29