LFA 95 saw the substantially-predicted marketing debut of two-division Glory kickboxing champion Alex Pereira, and the hard-hitting Brazilian did not disappoint as he made 1 of the most devastating a single-punch knockouts of the 12 months.
Pereira returned to MMA after a 4-and-a-50 percent-yr hiatus to facial area American Thomas Powell on Friday evening, and wasted no time as he shipped a assertion to the relaxation of the middleweight division, in LFA and beyond, with a substantial knockout get.
Pereira, who retains two wins, together with a enormous knockout, about existing UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya from their respective kickboxing days, showed a glimpse of his planet-class placing in four-ounce gloves as he starched Powell in the initial round of the night’s headliner in Park City, Kansas.
Pereira’s eye-catching victory was the spotlight of a struggle card packed with finishes. Flyweight Victor Altamirano and undefeated heavyweight prospect Jordan Heiderman both claimed 2nd-spherical submission wins by using triangle choke and rear-bare choke, respectively, even though Bruno Souza acquired a next-round TKO finish of Guilherme Santos in their all-Brazilian fight at featherweight.
But it’s Pereira’s emphasize-reel finish that will be the communicate of the MMA earth, as the Brazilian, hailed by UFC Hall of Famer Pat Miletich as the very best striker in MMA, served recognize to the 185-pound division.
Recap the greatest of the principal card action from LFA 95 via the video clip over.
LFA 95 formal results include:
- Alex Pereira def. Thomas Powell through knockout (punch) – Spherical 1, 4:04
- Myron Dennis def. Dylan Potter by way of split choice (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Victor Altamirano def. Lloyd McKinney by using submission (triangle choke) – Spherical 2, 1:57
- Bruno Souza def. Guilherme Santos by using TKO (punches and elbows) – Spherical 2, 2:16
- Jordan Heiderman def. Mauricio Blanco by using submission (rear-bare choke) – Round 2, 1:43