More than 3000 men and women showed up at a parking good deal outside the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds in Davenport Iowa on Saturday to watch Pat Miletich kickbox previous two time boxing champ Michael Nunn in what’s becoming claimed as the 3rd combat sports activities celebration in the United States to be held in entrance of an audience since the Coronavirus pandemic shut polite modern society down.
Oldschool MMA admirers are likely to identify a whole lot of names in this tale about the Clash of Legends event that went down on July 18th. The demonstrate was structured by Monte Cox. Jeremy Horn competed on the undercard boxing a 50 year aged opponent. Former champions Tim Sylvia and Matt Hughes were being in attendance to look at. The total thing was a strange mish-mash of Quad Metropolis fighters of all stripes boxing and kickboxing in exclusive 4 spherical fights, created all the stranger by COVID limits.
When photographs of the event confirmed number of to no attendees sporting masks, the celebration did appear to be to follow some rules. Seats were being clustered in teams of ten that had been spaced out six toes aside. With an approximated 3500 people displaying up, some lovers observed by themselves ridiculously much absent from the motion. But I guess it even now beats sitting down at residence becoming bored all through lockdown.
As for Pat Miletich’s fight? He ended up losing a split decision 39-37, 40-36, 37-39 to the 57 yr old Nunn on the scorecards. The just one decide who scored the combat for Pat was evidently becoming pretty generous.
“I seemed like a catcher’s mitt,” Miletich declared ruefully after the combat.
The Quad City Situations has a fairly in-depth breakdown of the display such as a ton of photographs from the party. Veteran commentator Ron Kruck was also in attendance and shared these times on social media:
Here’s the whole benefits from the occasion:
- Roberto Negrete, West Liberty, 4-round conclusion over Daniel Buenaventura, Chicago
- Mitchell Leconte, Cedar Rapids, 2nd-spherical TKO more than Tony Crowder, Des Moines
- Devoniere Jackson, Cedar Rapids, 4-spherical conclusion above Ryan Rutherford (kick boxing)
- Terrance Walker, Minneapolis, 2nd-round TKO around Ryan Antle III, Davenport
- Pachino Hill, Davenport, 2nd-spherical TKO over Will Omar, East Moline
- Jason Medina, Moline, 4-round final decision in excess of Sean Huffman, Knoxville, Tenn. (kick boxing)
- Jeremy Horn, Sandy, Utah, 3rd-spherical TKO above Marty Lindquist, Blaine, Minn.
- Junior Hernandez, Bettendorf, 4-spherical conclusion above Jeremy Castro, Clinton
- Donovan Dennis, Davenport, 3rd-spherical TKO more than Anthony Williams, Whitesville, W.Va.